Chemical Base: Acrylic resine;
Film Formation: from 10 minutes after application;
Service Temperature: 4°C – 40°C;
Final endurence: After 72 hours when applied to dry blocks not exposed to rain or excessive humidity;
Color: Light gray with pasty consistency;
1.5kg sachet l 3kg tube l 10kg tube
storage and conservation
– Validity: 01 year after the date of manufacturing for the 3Kg and 10Kg packages;- Validity of 06 months for the 1,5Kg package;
– Store in a dry, cool and ventilated place;
– Maximum stacking: 05 boxes.
After opening the package, it is recommended to use the product within 30 days, keeping the package sealed after the use.
indication of use
– Massa DunDun is indicated for the construction of sealing masonry walls, being able to be used internally and externally.
– Massa DunDun is indicated to carry out the Pillar X Masonry connection.
The use of Massa DunDun in block and brick laying does not replace the structure of the building.
Massa DunDun is not indicated for use in structural masonry.
Massa DunDun is not indicated for filling joints of more than 3 mm or for the realization of the wedging.
blocks and bricks
We recommend the use of Massa DunDun with blocks and bricks that meet the requirements of Technical Standard or that present a dimensional standardization, with tolerance equal to or less than 3mm.
Use indicated in:
Cellular concrete blocks;
Ceramic blocks (solid, structural, sealing, 6 holes, etc.).
– Do not apply Massa DunDun on blocks or bricks saturated with water;
– The surface of the blocks must be clean, free of dust, grit or grease.
Application of the product in moistened blocks will delay the cure of the product. Do not carry out the elevation of the masonry under the incidence of rain or very strong winds.
The base on which the masonry will be erected must be leveled and aligned. It is recommended to lay the first layer with traditional mortar to correct unevenness at the base.
The application should be carried out on two Massa DunDun cords with a diameter of about 1cm on the horizontal laying surface, in a continuous application. The quality of the blocks and bricks used, as well as the follow-up of the application manual on the construction site, directly influence the consumption of material per m².
Bricks or Hole Blocks Horizontal and vertical and solid blocks
|Block Height (cm)||Consumption without Anchorage||Consumption with Anchorage|
The performance of masonry laying with Massa DunDun is tested and approved in accordance with ABNT NBR 15.575 – Housing Buildings – Performance. This system has the following characteristics:
– Unfilled Vertical Joints, spacing between 1 to 3 mm from one block to another
– Horizontal Joints seated with Massa DunDun, with average spacing between 1 to 3mm.
level and alignment
– In the case of difficulties in leveling and aligning, during the execution of the masonry it is accepted the use of support wedges for adjustments smaller or equal to 3mm;
– Alignment and level adjustments are not acceptable after 10 minutes of laying. If this adjustment is necessary, it is recommended to remove, clean and lay the blocks again with the necessary corrections.
– For level and alignment corrections of more than 4mm, it is recommended to lay a layer with conventional mortar to make the necessary adjustments.
contact with structure/anchorage
– In the case of vertical hole blocks, apply two cords of Massa DunDun on the vertical face of the block that will anchor the structure, and when laying it, you must press the block against the pillar. The maximum resulting distance in this joint should not exceed 3mm, under the risk of loss of adhesion in the area;
– In the case of horizontal hole bricks it is recommended to properly cut and use the blocks so that the holes are vertical. In this case, proceed as in the previous item;
It is accepted that in the case of horizontal hole blocks Massa DunDun is applied at the end to be adhered to the structure provided that these blocks comply with the current technical standards.
– Carry out the first layer with conventional mortar to adjust alignment and level of masonry.
– Do not use conventional mortar in the vertical joint (between the blocks), respecting the maximum spacing of 3mm between blocks.
Massa DunDun 3kg: Carefully open it at the indicated location using scissors or a knife and the material is ready to be applied.
Massa DunDun 1.5kg sachet: Open the package 1cm below the seal so that it does not restrict the flow through the opening. Insert the sachet into the applicator gun tube, lock the nozzle with quick release and the material is ready to be applied. This packaging must be used with the applicator gun supplied by the FCC Group.
Massa DunDun 10kg: Open the packaging at one end, transfer the contents into the DunDun canvas tube and the material is ready to be applied.
The application should be carried out in two Massa DunDun cords with a diameter of about 1cm on the horizontal laying surface, in a continuous application. First, carry out the anchoring procedures, then lay the rest of the layer.
Wash the applicator gun or the canvas tube every time they are not used for periods longer than 15 minutes. Product washable with water while in fresh state.
The fixing or wedging of the wall to the slab or upper beam must be made according to standards and good market practices. Use, for example, wedging mortar.
The height of masonry to be lifted in a single day will depend on the type and quality of the block used and should be evaluated by the responsible professional. When there is evidence of rain or strong winds for the next 8 hours, a moderate height is recommended to prevent the masonry from dishevel or misalign.
– Massa DunDun presents initial hold from 15 minutes, but it presents a dry aspect between 6 and 12 hours. The total cure occurs after 72 hours from the moment of application in dry and hot climates. However this timing can vary according to the atmospheric conditions, the contact with water while in the fresh state and the conditions of humidity and absorption of the blocks used.
– The product presents resistance to bad weather after 8 hours of application. In case of exposure to rain and intense winds before complete curing of the material, it is recommended to use struts and/or other safety devices to prevent misalignment or masonry dropping.
• The execution of the masonry built with Massa DunDun must comply with industry standards and civil engineering-oriented fundamentals. The tolerance range for certain constructive failures, such as those resulting in significant deformation of the structure, may be reduced with the use of thin joints, such as the Massa DunDun.
• In order to achieve the desired results and avoid serious accidents, it is necessary to follow these operating instructions correctly.